Thursday, June 19th 2014
Alençon (Orne - 61)
- 08:30 p.m. : "German forces in Normandy" conference (in French) by Valentin Schneider at the Hôtel du Département. Free.
Bayeux (Calvados - 14)
- Nightfall - 01:00 a.m. : The lights of liberation - Cathedral - Liberty tree. Free.
Cherbourg-Octeville (Manche - 50)
- 06:30 p.m. : Conference dedicated to the "Organization and execution of the evacuations of Cherbourg inhabitants under the occupation period and during the liberation of the city". By Julia Torrie at the Town Hall, Council Room. In French. Free.
Granville (Manche - 50)
- 02:30 p.m. - 07:00 p.m. : Tour of the area in a WW2 vehicle, at Place Fontaine Bedeau. Free.
Isigny-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 08:45 p.m. : "Sacred voices, the ways of freedom" festival, at the community center. 10€ - 6€ - Free.
Montebourg (Manche - 50)
- 08:30 p.m. : "Remembrance nights": its purpose is to transmit the memory of old to young generations, with witnesses from the Normandy 1944 period.
Tinchebray (Orne - 61)
- Presentation of « The Longest Day » movie. More information : +033 2 33 64 25 52.