Saturday, June 21st 2014
Bayeux (Calvados - 14)
- Nightfall - 01:00 a.m. : The lights of liberation - Cathedral - Liberty tree. Free.
Courseulles-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 03:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. : Tour of the area in a WW2 vehicle, at Place de Gaulle. Free.
Lisieux (Calvados - 14)
- Franco-German musical events, Parc de l'Evêché. Free.
Livarot (Calvados - 14)
- 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 a.m. : Conferences (in French) "June-August 1944, liberation of the Pays d'Auge", at the cinema. Free.
Petiville (Calvados - 14)
- 10:30 a.m. : Unveiling of a commemorative plaque near the Town hall with the children of Petiville and its mayor. Ceremony at the cemetery in tribute to Yvonne Samson, civilian victim.
Tinchebray (Orne - 61)
- Presentation of two local movies dating from the D-Day period. Then: historical conference with local historians and veterans. More information : +033 2 33 64 25 52.