Saturday, August 23rd 2014
Argentan (Manche - 50)
- 09:00 p.m. : Special 70th anniversary show, at Quai des Arts. Free but reservation required. More information at: www.orne.fr.
Bayeux (Calvados - 14)
- Nightfall - 01:00 a.m. : The lights of liberation - Cathedral - Liberty tree. Free.
Fécamp (Seine-Maritime - 76)
- 03:00 p.m. : Guided tour of the Cap Fagnet German Signal station. Price: up to 5 euros per person.
Lisieux (Calvados - 14)
- 03:00 p.m. : Commemorative musical event, at the town center.
- 08:00 p.m. : Ceremony and unveiling of a commemorative tombstone, at the Public Garden.
- 08:30 p.m. : Aubade at the Public Garden.
Montormel (Orne - 61)
- 02:30 p.m. : WW2 themed drama performance at the Montormel Memorial. Free.
- 03:30 p.m. : Concert of the French 27ème bataillon de Chasseurs Alpins brass band.
- 05:00 p.m. : Lecture by French historian Jean Quellien dedicated at the Montormel Memorial.
- 06:30 p.m. : Screening of a short film about the European Peace Road, at the Montormel Memorial. Free.
Pont-l'Evêque (Calvados - 14)
- French movie "Arrêtez les tambours" screening at the Concorde cinema.
Saint-Désir (Calvados - 14)
- 07:15 p.m. : Commemorative ceremony at the British Military Cemetery.
Saint-Julien-le-Faucon (Calvados - 14)
- 09:00 p.m. : Free aubade by the 51st Highland Division Memorial at the Municipal stadium.