Saturday, May 24th 2014
Anisy (Calvados - 14)
- 10:00 a.m. - 04:30 p.m. : Bill Ross walk, in the footsteps of the D-Day Canadian soldiers. A stroll from Anisy to Bernières-sur-Mer via Anguerny, Colomby-sur-Thaon, Basly, Bény-sur-Mer. 11 ceremonies will be held in the villages.
Bernières-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 05:00 p.m. : Lantern ceremony in front of the "Maison des Canadiens".
Caen (Calvados - 14)
- 03:00 p.m. : Showing of the "D-Day 1944" documentary followed by a debate in French with Claude Quétel. Free.
- 12:30 a.m. - 07:30 p.m. : Guided tour in the footsteps of General de Gaulle. Meeting at the Caen Memorial coach park. 28€ per person. Reservation required at the Caen Memorial.
Condé-sur-Noireau (Calvados - 14)
- 08:30 a.m. - 07:00 p.m. : Guided tour of the D-Day landing. Meeting point at the Ecole du Sacré-Coeur car park. 18€ per person. Reservation required at the Condé-sur-Noireau tourist office.
Saint-James (Manche - 50)
- 08:00 p.m. : 40's evening- Espace Le Conquérant room. Dinner and dancing to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Normandy. 15€ per person.