Thursday, June 5th 2014
- 23:00 p.m. : 24 simultaneous fireworks along the Norman coast, from Utah Beach to Sword Beach, after day fall.
Alençon (Orne- 61)
- 08:30 p.m. : Historical conference by Gérard Bourdin about "The liberation of the Orne department, June-August 1944". Hôtel du Département. Free.
Benerville-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
Inauguration of a commemorative monument dedicated to the H.M.S. Warspite and H.M.S Ramillies at the Mont Canisy battery.
Bénouville (Calvados - 14)
- 04:00 p.m. (subject to confirmation) : Commemorative ceremony with the Free France commandos veterans.
- 06:30 p.m. : Concert by the Police Band of West Yorkshire, at the west esplanade of the community center.
- 11:30 p.m. : Midnight ceremony at the Major Howard memorial.
Berjou (Orne - 61)
- 10:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m. : 70th anniversary of the liberation of Berjou, at the Liberation Museum.
Bernières-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14) - Maison des Canadiens
- Midnight - 08:00 a.m. : Reading of the names of the 45,000 Canadian soldiers killed during World War II.
Carentan (Manche - 50)
- Morning : Exhibition of amphibious vehicles at the platform of the marina.
- 09:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m. : Sell of military antiques at the "Marché Couvert".
- 03:00 p.m. : Boat parade on the Canal du Haut Dick with amphibious military vehicles.
Chef-du-Pont (Manche - 50)
- 02:00 p.m. : Ceremony at the Rex Comb square.
Cherbourg-Octeville (Manche - 50)
- 06:30 p.m. : Conference at the Town Hall, council room, about the "Price of Liberty". Free.
Colleville-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 12:00 a.m. : Commemorative ceremony at the Engineer monument in presence of veterans and soldiers. Plaque laying.
- Afternoon : Signing session from Charles Norman Shay, 16th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division, at the Big Red One Assault Museum.
- 05:00 p.m. : Ceremony at the 1st Infantry Division monument, Wn 62 strongpoint, with veterans.
- 06:00 p.m. : Cocktail for the veterans at the village hall.
Foucarville (Manche - 50)
- 09:00 p.m. : Civilian parachuting by the Round Canopy Parachuting Tea.m. Inc using several C-47 near former prisoner-of-war camp (depending on weather conditions).
Grandcamp-Maisy (Calvados - 14)
- 03:00 p.m. : Messages to the children of tomorrow (time capsule for the future, June 6th 2044), at the Espace Peregory.
- 03:00 p.m. : Tribute to the Rangers, Espace Peregory.
Hermanville-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 10:30 a.m. : Inauguration of a WW2 pictures exhibition, Place du Courbet.
- 11:45 a.m. : Inauguration of a commemorative plaque in tribute to the 2nd Battalion, The Lincolnshire Regiment.
- 01:00 p.m. : Ceremony at the Royal Artillery monument.
- 02:15 p.m. : Inauguration of a French-Norwegian exhibition dedicated to WW2.
- 08:30 p.m. : Concert by the Norwegian Royal Guard.
Hiesville (Manche - 50)
- 03:00 p.m. : The "Memory path" guided tour dedicated to the 101st Airborne Division. Rendez-vous at the parking of the village. 2 euros per person. More information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Le Mesnil-Patry (Calvados - 14)
- 06:30 p.m. : Canadian remembrance ceremony at the monument to the Queen's Own and the First Hussars.
Lisieux (Calvados - 14)
- 09:00 p.m. : Concert for Liberty, Saint-Pierre Cathedral.
Merville-Franceville (Calvados - 14) - Merville battery
- 10:00 a.m. : Inauguration and blessing of the "Cross and Sword" monument at the Memory Garden.
- 12:00 a.m. : Veterans lunch at the battery.
- 05:00 p.m. : Official ceremony at the 9th Battalion roundabout with His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, veterans, their families, British and French authorities.
- 08:30 p.m. : Traditionnal dinner of the 9th Battalion veterans at the battery.
Picauville (Manche - 50)
- 10:30 a.m : Ceremony honoring the Airborne troops and Air Force personnels at the USAAF monument, place du Prieuré.
Ranville (Calvados - 14)
- 02:30 p.m. : Inauguration of the J. Watson bust (Town Hall gardens) in presence of HRH Prince Charles (subject to confirmation).
- 03:30 p.m. : Parachute drop by 300 paratroopers over the Ranville historical drop zone.
Saint-Côme-du-Mont (Manche - 50)
- 05:00 p.m : Conference by Philippe Esvelin dedicated to the American glider pilots (in French).
- 06:30 p.m : Conference by Philippe Esvelin dedicated to the American glider pilots (in English).
Saint-Vaast-en-Auge (Calvados - 14)
- 02:00 p.m. : Ceremony honoring the memory of the 12 English and Canadian paratroopers dropped near the village on D-Day.
- 02:15 p.m. : Ceremony at the cemetery.
Sainte-Marie-du-Mont (Manche - 50)
- 09:00 a.m. - 05:00 p.m. : Sell of military antiques at the stadium. Free entry. Informations and reservation: Club du Souvenir Militaire - +033 2 33 71 56 54.
- 04:00 p.m. : Performing arts "Building Peace Together" performed by 39 French, American and German students at Utah Beach.
- 06:00 p.m. : Civilian parachuting by the Round Canopy Parachuting Team. Inc from C-47 aircrafts (depending on weather conditions).
- 08:00 p.m. : Utah Beach official ceremony.
- 09:30 p.m. : Patton concert. Free.
- 04:00 p.m. : Ceremony at the Signal monument.
- 05:00 p.m. : Inauguration of the extension of the Airborne museum.
- 06:45 p.m. : Memorial Service at the church.
Sainte-Honorine-des-Pertes (Calvados - 14)
- 10:00 p.m. : Torchlight procession with American families.
Troarn (Calvados - 14)
- 11:00 p.m. : Commemoration ceremonies for the towns of Troarn, Bures and Saint-Samson.
Vierville-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 09:30 a.m. : Military vehicles parade.
- 06:00 p.m. : Military band concert at the church.
- 08:00 p.m. : Military band at the Signal monument.