Friday, June 6th 2014
Arromanches (Calvados - 14)
- 12:30 a.m. : 70 parachutists will be dropped over the remnants of the Arromanches artificial harbor (depending on the weather conditions).
- 03:00 p.m. : Exhibition of World War II tanks on the beach, including one Panther tank.
- 06:00 p.m. : Ceremony honoring the veterans, with Princess Kate and Prince William.
- 09:00 p.m. : Outdoor projection of archives movies, near the D-Day museum.
- 00:00 p.m. : Fireworks.
Asnelles-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 09:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m. : Walk from Asnelles-sur-Mer to Port-en-Bessin-Huppain in the footsteps of the liberators (15 km). Rendez-vous at the Asnelles bunker, Boulevard de la Mer.
Bayeux (Calvados - 14)
- 03:00 p.m. : Theater - Summer 44 Bayeux, Hospital Town, in front of the Bayeux tapestry. 7.50€ - 3€ - Free.
- No time yet: Blessing of the Peace & Liberty bell at the Bayeux Cathedral.
- 07:00 p.m. : Theater - Summer 44 Bayeux, Hospital Town, in front of the Bayeux tapestry. 7.50€ - 3€ - Free.
- 09:00 p.m. : Gratitude and Peace concert, Sonoran Desert Chorale (Arizona), Notre-Dame Cathedral. Free.
Bénouville (Calvados - 14)
- 00:20 a.m. : Fireworks display (subject to confirmation).
- 11:15 a.m. : Parade of the British cadets and laying of flowers on English tombs with the children of Bénouville.
- 12:30 a.m. : Parade from the Town Hall to Pegasus Bridge with veterans and the Rifle cadets.
- 12:45 a.m. : Commemoration ceremony at the Major Howard esplanade.
- 01:00 p.m. : Crossing of the Pegasus Bridge.
- 01:10 p.m. : Ecumenical service at the religious monument in front of the town hall.
- 06:00 p.m. : Concert by the "Band of Liberation", Major Howard esplanade.
Berjou (Orne - 61)
- 10:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m. : 70th anniversary of the liberation of Berjou, at the Liberation Museum.
Bernières-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14) - Maison des Canadiens
- 08:00 a.m. : Canadian remembrance ceremony. Tributes to the Queen's Own Rifles regiment of Canada
- 10:00 p.m. : Canadian remembrance ceremony.
Caen (Calvados - 14)
- 09:00 a.m. : National Memorial Service honoring the memory of the civilian casualties at the Caen Memorial in the presence of the President of the French Republic. Access only on accreditation.
Colleville-Montgomery (Calvados - 14)
- 09:00 a.m. : Outdoor mass, Place du débarquement.
- 06:30 p.m. : 70th anniversary commemorative ceremony at the Bill Millin Memorial, Place du Débarquement.
Colleville-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 10:00 a.m. : Official French-American ceremony at the military cemetery, with presidents B. Obama and F. Hollande. Access only with accreditation.
- 18:30 a.m. : Inauguration ceremony of the 5 new streets of Colleville-sur-Mer. Tribute to veterans and civilians.
Condé-sur-Noireau (Calvados - 14)
- 05:30 p.m. : Commemorations of the victims of the D-Day bombardments, at l'Atelier.
Courseulles-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- Afternoon : Official French-Canadian ceremony at the Juno Beach Center. Access only with accreditation.
Grandcamp-Maisy (Calvados - 14)
- 10:30 a.m. : Wreath-laying at the cemetery over the tomb of Philippe Kieffer, leader of the Free France commandos on D-Day.
- 11:00 a.m. : Wreath-laying on the Memorial to Lieutenant Lommel, near the Espace Peregory.
Granville (Manche - 50)
- 03:00 p.m. : Guided walking tour of the Granville area, Place de l'Isthme. Free.
- 05:00 p.m. : Guided walking tour of the Roc battery, Pointe du Roc. Free.
Graye-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
Ceremony of the D-Day 70th anniversary.
Hermanville-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 06:00 a.m. : French-Norwegian binational Ceremony at the Norwegian Sailor monument, Place Courbet, in the presence of His Majesty the King of Norway and the French Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Isigny-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 02:00 p.m. : Reconstitution of the Normandy landing at the 1/16 scale. Club sportif loisirs Garde Républicaine.
Livarot (Calvados - 14) - Cinéma Le Parc
- No time yet: 52-minute movie about the liberation of the Livarot region at Le Parc cinema, made from local inhabitants interviews. More information : +033 2 31 32 01 18.
Maupertus (Manche - 50)
- 10:00 a.m. - 05:00 p.m. : Doors open day at the Cherbourg-Maupertus airport where C-47 aircraft are presented.
Méautis-Carentan (Manche - 50)
- 11:30 p.m. : Cinema-theatre, guided night-time visits and reconstitution of a military camp, Bloody Gulch Memorial (Donville Manor). 8€.
Merville-Franceville (Calvados - 14) - Merville battery
- 12:00 a.m. : Veterans lunch at the battery.
- 08:00 p.m. : Concert by the Mc Farlan Bagpipes Band.
- 10:30 p.m. : Historical pageant of the assault of the battery with 150 reenactors, followed by fireworks.
Montchamp (Calvados - 14)
- 05:30 p.m. : Celebration of the D-Day 70th anniversary and commemoration of the military and civilian victims at the monument to the Deported, Place du Général de Gaulle.
Ouistreham (Calvados - 14)
- 03:00 p.m. : Internation ceremony with the head of States and Governments. Access only with accreditation.
Picauville (Manche - 50)
- 05:00 p.m. : French-American Friendship meeting. Tribute to the American soldiers at the Place du général Leclerc.
- 07:00 p.m. : Ceremony at the 90th Infantry Division monument, Pasteur road.
- 08:00 p.m. : French-American friendship dinner by the Picauville se souvient association, at the city hall. Information : + 033 2 33 41 02 48.
Pont-l'Evêque (Calvados - 14)
- 08:30 p.m. : Jazz concert at the covered market.
Quinéville (Manche - 50)
- Inauguration of the exhibition dedicated to "The Women and the War" at the Freedom Memorial.
Ranville (Calvados - 14)
- 09:30 a.m. : Ceremony at the 6th June crossroad and 13th Battalion memorial.
- 10:00 a.m. : Religious service.
- 10:45 a.m. : Ceremonies at the French War Memorial and in front of the Belgian memorial plaque.
- 11:00 a.m. : Remembrance service at the military cemetery.
- 06:00 p.m. : Concert with British and German bands. Free.
Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 07:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. : Concert "Douce France" (sweet France) at the sports hall. Price: see Town Hall.
Saint-Charles-de-Percy (Calvados - 14)
- 03:45 p.m. : Ceremony at the British military cemetery.
Saint-Côme-du-Mont (Manche - 50)
- Schedule to be confirmed : Inauguration of the Normandy Honor Wall at the Paratrooper Historical Center.
- Schedule and location to be confirmed : Inauguration of a monument honoring Lieutenant Colonel Wolverton, killed on June 6th, 1944.
Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 15:00 a.m. : Ceremony at the Signal Monument, with veterans.
Sainte-Marie-du-Mont (Manche - 50)
- 09:00 a.m. : French-Danish ceremony at the Danish monument.
- 10:00 a.m. : "IVY March" from Utah Beach to Sainte-Marie-du-Mont, on the same itinerary used by the men of the 4th Infantry Division on June, 6th 1944. More information : Club du Souvenir Militaire +033 2 33 71 56 54.
- 11:00 a.m. : Ecumenical service at Utah Beach.
- 11:00 a.m. : Ceremony at the USN Angelo Chatas monument in the presence of the daughter and the granddaughter of Angelo Chatas (direction Beauguillot Nature Reserve).
- 01:00 p.m. : Arrival of the "IVY March".
- 07:00 p.m. : Veterans host (UNC).
- 07:00 p.m. : Band of Brothers Actors and Easy Company veterans reunion to benefit the WWII Foundation’s Mission. Limited admission (all tickets have been already sold).
- 07:30 p.m. : Civilian parachuting by the Round Canopy Parachuting Team Inc using several C-47 behind the village hall (depending on weather conditions).
- 08:30 p.m. : Liberation bal, near the church.
Sainte-Mère-Eglise (Manche - 50) :
- 02:00 p.m. : American concert and Veterans host.
- 04:00 p.m. : Musical parade along the streets of the city (1,200 musicians).
- 09:00 p.m. : Peace concert at the church of Sainte-Mère-Eglise.
Tinchebray (Orne - 61)
- 08:00 p.m. - 02:00 a.m. : Open-air musical evening, Place Saint-Rémy. Free.
Troarn (Calvados - 14)
- 04:00 p.m. : Ceremony at the Captaine Jukes memorial.
- 05:00 p.m. : Ceremony, Place Paul Quellec.
- 06:00 p.m. : Drinks reception at the Troarn Community Center.
Urville-Langannerie (Calvados - 14)
- Afternoon : Official French-Poland ceremony at the military cemetery, with the French Republic President. érémonie officielle franco-polonaise, en présence du Président de la République Française. Access only with accreditation.
Vierville-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 06:00 a.m. : Great gathering on Omaha Beach to commemorate the sacrifices of the soldiers on D-Day.
- 07:00 a.m. : Inauguration of a stele in front of the National Guard monument, with veterans.
- 10:00 a.m. : Music band parade starting at the Signal Monument.
- 17:00 p.m. : Ceremony at the 29th Infantry Division monument, with veterans.