Saturday, June 7th 2014
Amfreville (Manche - 50)
- 10:30 a.m. : Inauguration of a commemorative monument at the Hameau Flaux.
- 11:00 a.m. : Inauguration of a commemorative monument at the Cauquigny chapel.
Angoville-au-Plain (Manche - 50)
- 10:30 a.m. : Mass at the church.
- 11:30 a.m. : Ceremony at the 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment medics monument.
Anguerny (Calvados - 14)
- 11:00 a.m. : Ceremony at the La Chaudière regiment, near the Town hall.
- 11:45 a.m. : Planting of a tree " by a senior born in 1944 and by a young inhabitant from Colomby, born in 1994.
- 12:45 a.m. : Drinks and snacks at the Grange aux Dîmes.
- 06:00 p.m. : Mass at the Saint-Martin d’Anguerny church.
- 07:30 p.m. : 8.5 km hike heading to the Canadian cemetery Reviers starting at the Town hall.
Arromanches (Calvados - 14)
- 02:30 p.m. : 45 minutes air show over the remnants of the artifical habor by the "Patrouille de France" (French patrol).
Bagnoles-de-l'Orne (Orne - 61)
- 03:00 p.m. : Guided tour of Bagnoles-de-l'Orne during the Occupation period. 3€ - Free.
Bayeux (Calvados - 14)
- 03:00 p.m. : Theater - Summer 44 Bayeux, Hospital Town, in front of the Bayeux tapestry. 7.50€ - 3€ - Free.
- 06:00 p.m. : "Liberation festival", Place de Gaulle.
- 07:00 p.m. : Theater - Summer 44 Bayeux, Hospital Town, in front of the Bayeux tapestry. 7.50€ - 3€ - Free.
Bretteville-l'Orgeuilleuse (Calvados - 14)
- 07:00 p.m. : Canadian remembrance ceremony, Place des Canadiens.
Caen (Calvados - 14) - Zénith de Caen
- 08:00 p.m. : International military tattoo with about 500 military musicians. More information at : +033 2 31 22 31 22 and www.tattoodelaliberte.com.
Carentan (Manche - 50) :
- 08:30 a.m. : Departure of the Carentan Liberty March.
- 03:00 p.m. : Bands and reenactors shows, war vehicles parade at the Place de la République.
- 04:30 p.m. : Arrival of the Carentan Liberty March, commemoration of the « Silver Star » ceremony (June 23rd, 1944) , place de la République.
- 05:00 p.m. : "Flash mob" about the 40s, place de la République.
- 09:00 p.m. : Liberation bal with 21 musicians at the Haut Dick hall (dressing code of the 40s).
Cardonville (Calvados - 14)
- 05:15 p.m. : 180 WW2 military vehicles parade. More information at : +033 2 31 21 46 00.
Cherbourg-Octeville (Manche - 50)
- 11:00 a.m. : Commemoration of the battle of Normandy in graphic novels form. Marquees festival du livre de la jeunesse on the green beach. Free.
|Coigny (Manche - 50)
- 02:00 p.m. : Free guided tour of the gardens of the Franquetot castle, where pilots and crews from the U.S.A.A.F. 358th Fighter Group have stayed from July to August 1944. Fly over by an American C-130 Hercules to commemorate their stay.
- 03:00 p.m. : Inauguration of a commemorative plaque dedicated to the 358th Fighter Group, at the entrance of the Franquetot castle.
- 03:30 p.m. : Conference by Mathias Heissler, French historian of the 358th Fighter Group, dedicated to the history and the engagement of this unit during the battle of Normandy. Free. Please register at: email@example.com.
- 05:00 p.m. : Drinks reception at the castle.
|Colleville-Montgomery (Calvados - 14)
- 08:00 a.m. : Ceremony honoring the 177 Free France commandos led by Philippe Kieffer, starting at the Bernard Montgomery statue.
- 10:30 a.m. : Inauguration of a commemorative monument dedicated to the Free France commandos, Avenue de Bruxelles. More information: click here
- 02:30 p.m. : Military vehicles parade, from the Hillman strong point to the Place du Débarquement.
- 05:30 : Ceremony at the Hillman strong point with the Royal Anglian.
Colleville-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 09:00 a.m. : Inauguration of the roundabout, RD 514, giving access to the U.S. military cemetery.
Colomby-sur-Thaon (Calvados - 14)
- 09:30 a.m. : Coffee and cakes at the Colombier barn.
- 09:40 a.m. : Planting of a tree " by a senior born in 1944 and by a young inhabitant from Colomby, born in 1994.
- 10:00 a.m. : Ceremony at the La Chaudière regiment memorial.
Coudehard (Orne - 61)
- Inauguration of a monument to the 1st Polish Armored Division (bust of General Maczek), near the church.
Courseulles-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- All day long : International soccer competition, at the stadium.
Creuilly (Calvados - 14)
- 10:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m. : Air show "The Aircrafts of June 6th, 1944", at the Regional Air Models stadium, on the lands of the former advanced landing ground "B-9". Free.
Ecausseville (Manche - 50)
- 02:30 p.m. : Civilian parachuting by the Round Canopy Parachuting Team Inc using several C-47 near the dirigible hangar (depending on weather conditions).
Etreham (Calvados - 14)
- 05:00 p.m. : Wreath laying ceremony at the 1st Brigade monument and Liberty tree breeding.
Graignes (Manche - 50)
- 05:30 p.m. : Ceremony at the church.
Grandcamp-Maisy (Calvados - 14)
- 12:00 a.m. - 04:30 p.m. : 180 WW2 military vehicles parade. More information at : +033 2 31 21 46 00.
Graye-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 03:30 p.m. : Commemorative ceremony in presence of British and Canadian veterans at the Inns of Court memorial, La Brèche de la Valette.
- 04:30 p.m. : Commemorative ceremony at the Signal monument.
- 06:30 p.m. : Reception.
- 09:00 p.m. : Concert by the Inns of Court Music and by Nathan Moore, La Grange aux Dîmes field. Free.
Isigny-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 06:00 p.m. - 07:30 p.m. : 180 WW2 military vehicles parade. More information at : +033 2 31 21 46 00.
La Ferté-Alais (Essonne - 91)
- Aviation meeting at La Ferté-Alais airport dedicated to the battle of Normandy warbirds.
La Haye-du-Puits (Manche - 50)
- 05:00 p.m. : Commemorative ceremony at the 79th U.S. Infantry Division monument.
Maupertus (Manche - 50)
- 10:00 a.m. - 05:00 p.m. : Doors open day at the Cherbourg-Maupertus airport where C-47 aircraft are presented.
Méautis-Carentan (Manche - 50)
- 11:30 p.m. : Cinema-theatre, guided night-time visits and reconstitution of a military camp, Bloody Gulch Memorial (Donville Manor). 8€.
Merville-Franceville (Calvados - 14)
- 10:30 a.m. : N°3 Commando ceremony with the veterans and their family.
- 12:00 a.m. : Veterans lunch at the battery.
- 02:00 p.m. : Military vehicles exhibition at the Merville beach parking, followed by a parade from the parking to the battery.
- 10:00 p.m. : Armies ball at the gymnasium.
Néhou (Manche - 50)
- 08:00 p.m. : Free concert.
Osmanville (Calvados - 14)
- 05:45 p.m. - 06:15 p.m. : 180 WW2 military vehicles parade. More information at : +033 2 31 21 46 00.
Ouistreham (Calvados - 14)
- Nightfall : Open air projection of the film: "The Atlantic Wall", outside the esplanade of Le Cabieu cinema. Free.
Picauville (Manche - 50)
- 09:00 a.m. : Guided tour near Picauville and Etienville. Comments in French and English. More information at : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pont-l'Evêque (Calvados - 14)
- 02:30 p.m. : Guided tour in the footsteps of the Pont-l'Evêque liberators. Free.
Port-en-Bessin-Huppain (Calvados - 14)
- 04:00 p.m. - 06:00 p.m. : Military parade with veterans and vehicles in remembrance of the liberation of the town.
Ranville (Calvados - 14)
- 04:00 p.m. : Ceremonies for the 10th anniversary of the Franco-German twinning.
Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 10:30 a.m. : Omaha Nurses Return : ceremony honoring the engagement of the women engaged during World War II.
- 03:00 p.m. : Conference dedicated to the French resistance (in French).
- Afternoon : Meeting with the veterans at the Omaha Beach Memorial Museum.
Sainte-Marie-du-Mont (Manche - 50)
- 10:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m. : Armored and combat vehicles exhibition.
- 11:00 a.m. : Band of Brothers actors give a signing session at the Utah Beach Museum, to benefit the World War II fondation. 10 Euros per person.
- 03:00 p.m. : Concert by the Legion Band with 50 musicians at Utah Beach.
- 03:30 p.m. - 04:30 p.m. : Play « And if we were building Peace altogether ». Play in French, English et German by high school children at the podium near the Utah Beach museum.
- 04:00 p.m. - 05:00 p.m. : Concert by Fiona Harrison (songs of the 40s), near the church.
- 07:30 p.m. : "Major Girls" parade.
Sainte-Mère-Eglise (Manche - 50) :
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. : Play « And if we were building Peace altogether ». Play in French, English et German by high school children at the podium near the church.
- 12:00 a.m. : Harley Davidson parade.
- 01:00 p.m. : Normandy-Day picnic near the church.
- 03:00 p.m. : Holland Band concert near the church.
- 05:00 p.m. : Peace ceremony near the church.
- 07:00 p.m. : Liberty banquet, at the "Marché Couvert". Share a meal and an evening with the veterans and paratroopers of different nationalities. Places are limited: reservations at the Tourist Office +033 2 33 21 00 33.
- 11:30 p.m. : Fireworks at the church square.
- 11:45 p.m. : Popular ball at the church square.
Sannerville (Calvados - 14) :
- 11:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. : Commerative day at the town (ceremony in presence of veterans, BBQ, WW2 vehicles parade, screening of the "Goodwood" documentary, "80 Days for Liberty" show). 7€ - 4€ - Free.
Sées (Orne - 61) :
- 09:00 p.m. : Concert for Liberty at the cathedral. Free.
Tessel (Calvados - 14) :
- 04:30 p.m. : Commemorative ceremony.
Tilly-sur-Seulles (Calvados - 14) - Village hall
- 02:00 p.m. : Conference on the participation of the Amerindians in World War II, with "Code Talkers" descendants and Charles Chay, veteran of the D-Day landing on Omaha. Free admission.
- 05:30 p.m. : Commemorative ceremony.
- 08:30 p.m. : Concert with Amerindians dancers at the stadium, followed by fireworks and a ball.
Tinchebray (Orne - 61)
- 08:30 p.m. : Screening of a documentary followed by a debate and exchange of accounts, at the Salle Augustin Garnier.
Trévières (Calvados - 14)
- 05:00 p.m. : Military vehicles parade.
Ver-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- All day long : International soccer competition, at the stadium.
Vierville-sur-Mer (Calvados - 14)
- 08:30 a.m. - 05:30 p.m. : Military antiques at the Place de l'école.
- 10:00 a.m. - 08:00 p.m. : Exhibition of military and historic models.