WN16

La zone de Sword, à 5 kilomètres à l'Est de Juno Beach, est située entre les localités de Saint-Aubin à Ouistreham, et représente le flanc Est de l'invasion Alliée en Normandie.
Lelez

WN16

Message non lu par Lelez »

Hello Everybody!
I would like to know if anyone has got pictures of the WN16 batterie that if im not wrong it was west of Colleville Sur Orne.
Does anyone know where exactly it was?
Merci Beaucoup!

Daniele
goliath

WN16

Message non lu par goliath »

I can only help you on its location and armement : The WN16 was located at now "Coleville-Montgomery" (because of the famous english general) ans had four 100mm Lfh 14/19 wich came I think of Tchequoslovaquia. The batterie was at west of Coleville and was static. It belonger to the 716th german Infantery division as it's second battery. The battery was probably destroyed on D-Day as many other of the 716th's batteries. I'm going to look for photos... Image

goliath
Lelez

WN16

Hello Goliath!
Thank you very much!
Yes i knew about the 100mm Czech cannons.
I own a Soldbuch of a Soldier who was in that batterie on D Day and i would love to see pics of that batterie both then and Now if possible Image

Thank you again

Daniele
goliath

WN16

sorry, I haven't found anything yet. I'm gooing to look in my books if there's anything interesting. Image

goliath
Lelez

WN16

No problem i ll wait Here!Image
thanks!

Daniele

PS:if you have some book to reccomend to buy about Normandy please let me know
Lelez

WN16

Hi Goliath!
Did you have the Chance to look for any pictures about the WN16?
Thank you Image

Daniele
goliath

WN16

Hi lelez !
Really sorry, but I haven't found anything yet. I've checked in my book on the Atlantic wall, but nothing on such small batteries : the book doesn't talk about batteries with canons under 194 mm. There's a picture of the locations of the 716th's batteries, including the WN16, but my scanner doesn't work, I'll have to wait. But while my holidays I'll check for you, including on the web too. For the moment nothing, but I can confirm the date of destruction and sabotage of the battery : beetwenn D-Day ot on the early 7th, like most of the 716th's batteries. I'm going to kepp on looking...
Do you have any more information on it ? It can help me in my research ! Image

bye !

goliath
Lelez

WN16

Hi goliath!
No problem thank you very much for your time looking for info!
I dont have any more infos than you do!All i have is a nice worn Soldbuch of a soldier who was in WN16 on D DAY so i would like to find a Pic period and of NOW of the Batterie if possible!
I know WN16 was Next to WN 17 in Colleville Montgomery!(i found a map too on the Net but nothing else!)
thank you very much again:)

Daniele
jean-claude

WN16

Message non lu par jean-claude »

Hi , if you have time , I'll go in Normandy on June ,
I'll try to localize the WN 16 and I'll take some pictures of it or of the spot of the WN16 if he does not still exist .
So long
Jean-Claude
Répondre

Retourner vers « Sword Beach »