ALG B-15 – Ryes
Battle of Normandy
This page presents the history of ALG (Advanced Landing Groud) B-15, used by the Royal Air Force during the Battle of Normandy.
Location: Ryes, Calvados (14)
Coordinates: 49°18’46”N – 000°37’25”W
Construction: from June 30 to July 5, 1944 by the Royal Engineers 25th Airfield Construction Group
Operational period: from July 5th to September 1944
Length: 1 200 m
Width: 40 m
Airstrip: compacted earth
ALG B-15 history:
Airstrip located east of Ryes and used for the evacuation of wounded and for the refueling and ammunition of the various squadrons distributed in Calvados. A field hospital is located on the southern outskirts of the track near the place called Longchamps.