Morsalines battery – Stp 141
German batteries of the Atlantic Wall in Normandy
Unit: 6th Battery of the 1261st Coastal Artillery Regiment
Codename: Stp 141
Artillery guns: 6x 155 mm K416
Outcome: Under British control on June 6th, 1944
The Morsalines battery, coded Stp 141 by the Germans, is located about a hundred meters south-west of the village of Marsalines, on the heights dominating the coast. It is one of the oldest batteries of the Atlantic Wall in Normandy, whose construction began in 1941.
On June 6, 1944, Stp 141 was captured by the British HMS Argonaut.