1944 Tilly-sur-Seulles Battle museum

1944 Tilly-sur-Seulles Battle museum

1944 Tilly-sur-Seulles Battle museum

D-Day and Battle of Normandy museums

Housed in a former 13th century chapel listed as an historic monument, this museum is interested in the battles between the 30th British Army Corps and the German troops during the Battle of Tilly-sur-Seulles, from June 7 to June 26, 1944. During this period, the Norman village is taken and loss 23 times by the English troops.

Through several windows and explanatory panels, the various episodes of the German occupation, Allied bombing and ground fighting between British and Germans are presented to visitors, not to mention the fate of the civilian population of the region.

The duration of free visit is estimated at about 45 minutes. Guided tours of one or two hours for groups are possible by reservation.

Useful information

Contact

Address: 18 rue du 18 Juin 1944, 14250 Tilly-sur-Seulles
Telephone: +33 (0)2 31 80 92 10
Website (in French): 1944 Tilly-sur-Seulles Battle museum

Access

Car park:
– Parking lot for coaches near the museum.
– Parking lot for light vehicles near the museum.