ALG B-19 – Lingèvres
Battle of Normandy
This page presents the history of ALG (Advanced Landing Groud) B-19, used by the Royal Air Force during the Battle of Normandy.
Location: Lingèvres, Calvados (14)
Coordinates: 49°10’30”N – 000°40’23”W
Construction: from August 1st to August 6th, 1944 by the 5357 Airfield Construction Wing
Operational period: from August 6th to September 9th, 1944
Length: 1 700 m
Width: 40 m
Airstrip: compacted earth
– 125 Wing (132 RAF squadron, 441 RCAF squadron – Canada, 453 RAAF squadron – Australia, 602 squadron) using Spitfire aircraft.
ALG B-19 history:
ALG B-19 is one of the last airfields installed by the British Armed Forces in Calvados during the Battle of Normandy.
This airfield served as main base for the 125 Wing which operated until July on the Longues-sur-Mer ALG B-11.
– Stele in memory of the allied forces north-east of Lingèvres, in a place called Verrières.